Tuesday 28 February 2012

So many nursery options, so little time

Help. I’m in need of a little color coaching. I’m having the hardest time selecting a color combo for our nursery. There are so many pretty options. Here are a few that I’m considering:


Note: All color palette images courtesy of Design Seeds and Photo Card Boutique.
Turquoise, Gray & Yellow (with the possibility of a splash of Taupe) 
This has topped my list for a while, but I can’t help but wonder if I’d be missing out by not using any pink. I am, after all, very much a pink lady.

Here's a pretty example I found on Pinterest. Image courtesy of Oleana Boutique.


Pink & Gray
Another color combo I’m awfully fond of, but I do worry that it’s somewhat limiting. 

Here's a pretty example I found on Pinterest, courtesy of Spearmint Baby.





Pink, Gray, & Taupe
This one is slightly different than the one above. The pink has more red in it, and it has some taupe thrown in. 


This pretty example is more of a soft pink and taupe, but I like it. (Image courtesy of Benjamin Moore.)





Orange, Pinks, Yellow, & Gray
This one is kind of a combo of the above with a little orange thrown in. 


Here's a happy example of a similar color scheme, a la Project Nursery.



Orange, Tangerine, Taupe, & Pinks
This option seems warn and happy, but I think it could be hard to find elements in all of these colors. 



Orange, Pinks, Turquoise, & Taupe
This one is vibrant. Too vibrant? Perhaps. 

Turquoises, Brown, Pinks, & Yellow
A softer palette. Not sure if I love it, but there's something inviting about these colors. 


Cream, Pinks, & Brown
This one feels a bit overdone, but there is something soothing about this combo. 


Another beautiful Project Nursery example.



Do you see why I'm having such a difficult time? There are so many beautiful combos out there. Sheesh! Any thoughts on the subject? Here are a few facts to consider:

* The floor will be a dark-ish wood
* The furniture will be white (or antique white)
* The walls are currently taupe, but that can change. However, I'd rather not paint if it works out.
* We hope to add wainscoting to the walls

Bedding Question
Also, do you know where I can buy baby bedding in colors beyond pink/brown and pink/green?It seems like these are the only ones I see when I'm out and about. I was surprised there hasn't been more to choose from. Any shopping suggestions?

Any color coaching you can offer will be greatly appreciated. I can't guarantee I'll go with any of these, but this is a start, I suppose. Thanks, in advance, for your help.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment