You know why I adore this particular project so much? It affords me the opportunity to collaborate with so many near and dear friends, including one of the kindest people I know, Neko Carrillo, who did all of the design work on this one. Isn't she talented? And so nice, too! There is absolutely NO WAY I could have done this one without you, Neko. Thank you!
Behind the Pages
There are so many fun behind-the-scenes tidbits I have to share about this issue. Here are just a few of them:
- My new sewing space is featured in this issue. In it, you'll find a step ladder that I covered with sewing patterns. This idea came to me at 8:50 PM, the night before the photography team was to come to my house, so I ran over to IKEA (fortunately, it's right here near my home), purchased the ladder, and got to work. I was decopauging from midnight to 4:00 AM. Not something I would recommend.
- Several of the friends featured in this issue are either coworkers or former coworkers of mine, including Stacy Julian, Symoni Johnson, Jennifer Schaerer, Amy Yingling (that's her stunning space on the cover!), Emily Call, and Paula Hogan. What a treat to work with such talented people!
- One of the awesomely organized in this issue also happens to be my cousin. I guess this kind of crafting passion runs in families. Love you, Teri!
- That beloved IKEA cart I mentioned in my last blog post can be found in four different places in this issue. Crafters definitely know a good thing when they see it. Can you spot the carts?
- We featured Sande Krieger's space in this issue. Visiting her home was something else. It was built in 1911 and is full of character! They don't build them like that anymore.
- I used to work in the PR department for Stampin' Up! And one of my job responsibilities there was to take visitors on tours of the company's Legacy Room—a cool area of the company where room displays are set up. In this issue, I get to take all of my readers on that same tour, which is an extra special treat!
- Pictures of my crazy pups, my darling daughter, and several friends and family can be spotted in this issue on one of the storage products. Can your eye spy these images?
- The bubblegum in the Viewtainer storage container came straight from my office at work. Those who know me know I always keep gum close by. Yum!
To celebrate this very special occasion and accomplishment in my life, I have a copy of the new Creative Spaces Vol. 2 to award. Simply leave me a little note on this post for a chance to win. I'll randomly select my lucky name on Sat., Jan. 19.
Here's to getting organized in the New Year. Cheers!
P.S. Increase your chance to win a copy by visiting the Creating Keepsakes blog for a list of others in this issue who are giving away copies!